Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress; and to promote health and wellness. Therapeutic Massage and Muscular Therapy offer effective, drug-free treatment for pain and stress management.
Therapeutic Massage doesn’t just feel good. It reduces the heart rate and blood pressure, improves functioning of the blood circulation and lymph flow, improves range of motion, improves the muscular, skeletal and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.
How long is a massage?
A massage is usually one hour. This is enough time for a deeply relaxing full body massage, or more in-depth work on a particular area, for instance back, neck and shoulders. We also offer half-hour massages for concentration on one area of the body.
How will I feel after my massage?
Most people feel very relaxed after a massage. Many experience freedom from aches and pains that have built up from months of tension or repetitive activity in their daily life. People often feel an increase in energy that can last for several days.
What are the benefits of therapeutic massage?
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces formation of excess scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring, nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection